We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our Complaints Procedure
if you have a complaint, please contact our Client Services department. You can write to them either by email Client.Services@Directionlaw.co.uk or posted to Client Services, Direction Law, 32 Chamberlain Street, Wells, Somerset BA5 2PJ. The department will pass your complaint to a partner, usually the partner in charge of the department involved in your complaint.
We have eight weeks to consider your complaint. If we have not resolved your complaint within this time, you may complaint to the Legal Ombudsman.
What Will Happen Next?
- We will record your complaint in our central register, write to acknowledge your complaint and let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint. You can expect to receive our letter within three working days of us first receiving your complaint.
- We will then start to investigate your complaint. This may involve one or more of the following steps:-
» Asking you to confirm or explain the details set out
» Asking the member of staff who acted for you to reply to your complaint
» Examining the reply and the information in your file. We may then ask for more information
- We will endeavour to complete the investigation within twenty one days of sending you the initial acknowledgment letter.
- We will write to advise the outcome of our investigation (this will include our suggestions for resolving the matter) and may invite you to meet the investigating partner to discuss and, it is hoped to resolve your complaint. You may, in any event request such a meeting.
- Within two days of the meeting we will write to you to confirm what took place and any suggestions we have agreed with you.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied you can write to us again. We will then arrange for someone who has not been involved in your complaint to review your initial complaint together with the outcome of our initial investigation. He or she will endeavour to do this within ten working days.
- We will let you know the result of the review within five days of the end of the review. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
If you are still not satisfied, then you may contact the Legal Ombudsman P.O. Box 6806 Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ about your complaint.
Normally you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint or within six years of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or if outside of this period, within three years of when you should reasonably have been aware of it).
For further information, you may also like to contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at email@example.com.